Saturday, September 22, 2007

Shari's learnin' things about blogging...

Ok, so I've been around for a long time... old dogs CAN learn new tricks, when the information is presented properly.

I'm studying an e-book I got by way of a theme designer. Over at Four Country Gals, I chose to go with the WordPress script and upload it to my own server, rather than stay here at blogger. Besides looking for personal growth, I had an intuition I'd be able to drive traffic and attract attention more successfully with a unique domain, and hosting.

First, here's a link to the book I found, complements of SK Design Studio. It's called WordPress Complete Book

I've been learning about Technorati, and have now filled in my Technorati Profile. I know... I'm a little slow on the uptake... but hey... at least I'm learning and gaining an understanding.

Posted by Shari Thomas @ 1:40 PM

Read or Post a Comment

OK, I'm wondering what the book is, and why you think more traffic would be generated by a unique domain, I would think the opposite would be true!

I just stopped by to invite you to my contest at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com/2007/09/contest-apple-pie-border.html

Posted by Blogger Brightmeadowfarms @ September 23, 2007 at 12:19 PM #
 

I've place my entry for your contest.

I've also added your blog to my blogroll... Women Who Farm.

The book is a complete tutorial about WordPress.

Four Country Gals is a blog I'm turning into a book.

For search engine purposes, you always want your site (blog) to have it's own totally unique domain. With our blogspot blogs, all we're doing is making Google more popular.

Posted by Blogger Shari Thomas @ September 23, 2007 at 6:58 PM #
 
<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]