Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's Wednesday, and I'm at the Senior Center

Today is lunch at the Senior Center... Shredded Beef Enchilada, so Bev figured I'd might as well come spend the morning and stay for lunch.

Tonight, we're going on the Senior Citizen bus to St. George... to Tuachan, the big outdoor theater. Tonight's show is My Fair Lady, something I've never seen on stage.

There are 13 of us going, and the Enterprise Senior Center Recreation Fund pays our way. That's the group I volunteer for (did the hamburgers in August). I'm sure we'll have loads of fun.

Yesterday I got the picture gallery working at FourCountryGals.com, so you'll have to stop by. I'm loading virtually all the early pictures Bev and Cindy took as they moved from Ohio to Utah. Only a few make it into the main part of the book, but I've linked the actually gallery, so you can grab a lot more pictorial detail.

UPDATE: At lunch, I was awarded the "Volunteer of the Month" Award for Washington County Council on Aging for my work on the "Corn Fest" fund raiser... cooking all the hamburgers and hotdogs in the extreme heat... and never falling behind. Believe me, I was totally surprised. They gave me a nice certificate and rose.

Labels:

Posted by Shari Thomas @ 9:39 AM

Read or Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]